Watercolor PML Easel Card

| |

Two of my favorite new products in the new CTMH catalog are the watercolor paints and the new Picture My Life Overlay Cards. I used them both to create this fun easel card. I started with a 4″ x 6″ piece of watercolor paper and painted a rainbow of colors at an angle.  I let it dry and then placed it under some heavy books to flatten it out.

Then I scored a piece of 6″ x 9″ cardstock at 4″ and again at 6½” and made a Z-fold. I attached the top of the watercolored cardstock to the top flap of the Z-fold. (See photo below.) I then rounded all of the corners with a Corner Rounder.

I embellished the card by attaching one of the Gold Overlay PML Cards to the front with some Micro Glue Dots under the gold areas so they wouldn’t show. I also added a small cluster of stamped images from the Shower Flowers stamp set along with some banner shapes that I cut from two other PML cards and a piece of Gold Glitter Paper. I finished off the cluster with a couple of Gold Bling Gems.
On the bottom of the inside of the card, I added a small piece that I cut from another Gold PML Overlay Card (by adhering the Micro Glue Dots behind the gold) and a tiny strip that I cut from the Gold Glitter Paper. The small strip of Glitter Paper is raised just enough to hold the card front up when it is opened and displayed.

This would be a fun card to receive and display. *Ü*

Similar Posts

  • Happy New Year!

    Oh my, has it really been 11 days since I last posted? Yikes. Sorry about that. My entire family has been sick and we are just now starting to feel a bit better. Here are a few fun things that I have been working on… Below is a thank you card that I made using…

  • Live Beautifully Card

    I am loving the CTMH May promotional paper and stamp set called Live Beautifully! I used them both to create this card. The bold black and white striped paper was used on the top of the card and I used the gold foil diagonal striped zip strip (found on the top of the patterned paper)…

  • You Are Welcome Here

    With all that is happening in our industry, you may be wondering how Close to my Heart is doing. As a strong, growing, debt-free company, CTMH is doing very well and will be around for a long time! I am so proud to be part of this amazing company that is really more like “family”…

  • Waiting for his first ride

    This is a layout I did a few years ago before I discovered clear stamps. Yikes, the title is just horrible! I used some old woodies I bought at Michaels and some craft paint. You know how you do a layout and then go back and look at it years later and think to yourself,…

  • Valentines Card

    This was one of the projects we made at Regionals last weekend. (I just may give it to my hubby for Valentines Day. Although I will have to add a “Happy B-day” on it somewhere too since his birthday is on Valentines Day.) It uses the new textured black cardstock from the February promotion (144…

7 Comments

  1. Those overlays caught my eyes too and who doesn't LOVE watercolor!! Your so talented putting the two together to create such a beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *