Back from my Weekend Retreat…

| | | |

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes and for the super sweet comments and emails that you have all sent to me over the past few weeks. You made me feel so loved! *Ü*

I am home safe and sound from the retreat in Lake Arrowhead. I had the most fabulous time with my buddies Cindy and Bren and made a new friend too. (Hi Annette!) I have to say that Cindy and Bren spoiled me rotten. From the amazing make and take projects to the birthday gifts to the great food and the super yummy chocolate cake, I think this was one of the best b-days I have ever had!!! Thanks you guys!

Here is a picture of Cindy and me on Saturday.
I didn’t get as much done as I planned, but it is my own fault. I was gabbing away the entire weekend. It was just so nice to be able to have adult conversations without being interrupted a million times by my kiddos. I was actually able to finish a sentence a few times. LOL!

Here is one of the projects that I finished. It is a make and take project for a party that I am doing later this month. I used the June Stamp of the Month called With Love. I think I will have the girls sand the pink cardstock on the card which I didn’t do.
My hostess also wanted an option for a make and take layout so this is what I came up with. The photo is Jeanette Lynton, the CTMH founder and CEO, and me from the Leadership Conference last year. This was right before the Director’s Dinner when we jetted off in limos to the San Diego Zoo. It was super fun!!
I will post more projects that we did at the retreat later this week. Stay tuned…

Similar Posts

  • Black Friday Flash Sale!

    If you love CTMH’s Cut Above Kits, you are in luck! Today only, all Cut Above Scrapbooking Kits are 50% off! There are kits as low as $5.98! Hop on over to my website to see the kits that are on sale today. But hurry because they are only available today while supplies last and…

  • Christmas Layout

    As I mentioned, I had a great time at Convention. I was asked to teach a class and had to prepare a bunch of display boards in a limited amount of time. Here is one of the layouts that I did using a new paper pack called Evensong which will be released next month with…

  • Alcohol Marker Madness

    Learn how to color stamps with pairs of coordinating Close to my Heart alcohol-based markers that are sure to brighten a page, spruce up a card, and add pizazz to any project! Click here, or on the icon below, to order the supplies to make the projects shown in the video.  

  • Boom-di-ada “Thanks” Card

    I love this card because it shows so many ways that you can use Chipboard. I used CTMH’s Dimensional Elements Monograms with stamps, patterned paper, and other embellishments. It is a fairly simple card, but has a lot of fun elements on it.All products CTMH unless otherwise noted: Stamps: Spot On Backgrounds Ink: Buttercup, Barn…

  • Flower Market Boxed Card Set

    This is another project that I shared during my presentation at the CTMH Convention this year. As I mentioned in previous posts, my presentation was on design principles and design theory. I shared this project when I discussed symmetry and contrast. I designed the cards and box by adding the same Cricut cut leaves and…

7 Comments

  1. Lisa,
    I am glad you had a great birthday weekend. I’m a little jealous though!

    I like both projects, especially the layout. I love how you used so much stamping to dress it up.

  2. Beautiful projects! I know what you mean about adult conversations. Can’t wait ’til convention! 🙂 Ha!

  3. I’m behind . . . Awesome card and layout. Happy birthday, too! I’m glad you had a fun weekend.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *